Sunday, April 2, 2023

 

ALGARVE-CITY OF PORTIMAO -THE LONELY POET -FORGOTTEN?



JOAO BRAZ

Those of us who paid the city of Portimao a visit in year 2023  did not see the lonely poet located close to the sea.No. We hurried to get some food and a bear. On my way back to the bus, I observed the unknown and forgotten poet who was facing the sea. The information presented of the poet was not easy to read at all. I had to get rid of the dust covering the facts about the forgotten poet. Joan Braz Machado was his name .He was a writer, a poet and a journalist. Born March 13, 1912 i Sao Braz de Alportel, Faro, Faro district in Portugal. He died 1993 at the age of  81 in the ciry of Albufeira.The memorial statue of Joao Braz Machado was set up in the city of Portimao in Portugal. Any who want to pay the city of Portimao,must put some  nice flowers on the monument with greetings from me because I also forgot to honour him.

Tedd Urnes

No comments: