Saturday, January 16, 2016

ARRECIFE:BIBLIOTECA PUBLICA CATOLICA

On the agenda of any international archival conference worldwide, the main issue is the good-bye call for video tapes, films, sound recordings, vhs viewing cassettes - and books too? Files are the sources to be used for viewing of transmitted television and radio programmes. But only if the collections are digitalized with a qualified content description. Where have all the books gone - gone to ...?
I have a private wish to search for the past when a library was a library. When books were the content of the library even if I love the work of the modern audiovisual archives. A sentimental journey made by an addict to books only?
Last year I found a library of my tast on the island of Lanzarote in the city of Arricipe. Canary Islands belongs  to Spain. The city of Arricipe is a port town on the East coast of the island of Lanzarote. The city of Arricipe has been the capital of Lanzarote since 1852.
Few paid any attention to the library. I loved the place. I was the only visitor that day, I think. The smell of books made me happy! Take a look at some photos taken by me during the visit.

1 comment:

Eevi said...

I think the paper books will not disappear out of our life.
So many people enjoy reading paper books, enjoy the smell of books. Paper books are like friends by your side you can´t them abandone.
By the way, vynul records – technologically out of fashion - have been remained popular.