Monday, November 5, 2018



ON BOARD WITH ART- JOIN THE SEE TO SEE MODERN SCULPTURES

CELEBRITY CONSTELLATION


The main aim of cruising in Mediterranean was not to view modern sculptures and modern art collections set up on the cruiser. No. But I was impressed by the art collections on the ship. I got a new activity hunting and exploring sculptures which were set up on sites where I did not expect to find modern art. The name of the ship is: “ Celebrity Constellation”. A splendid cruiser. Splendid crew. Splendid food and above all: Excellent entertainments in the evenings. An exhibition of modern art too.Please join me in my admiration for the art on board. I took some photos. But I could not find any information of the artists who made the sculptures? By doing some research I found the name of the sculptor who made the" man in uniform" sculpture: Daniel Oates.
Placards with names of the artists should be put close to the sculptures, I think.

Some fact about the cruise ship: GTS Celebrity Constellation is a Millennium –class cruise ship of Celebrity Cruises. The ship was built at the Chantiers de L’Atlantique shipyard in St. Nazaire, France.During the summer period the ship sails to Mediterranean and the Caribbean(winter).
(winter).




No comments: