Tuesday, March 27, 2018



ALANYA: BIRDS

Birds who are living in Norway and I have some interests in common: We want to get out the country during winter time. Sun, nice and warm weather, nice people and a lot of food for both birds and Norwegian tourists are to be found in Alanya. I do understand the birds. They cannot enjoy skiing in Norway. Why should they spend the winter in the cold, dark and unfriendly country. I support the travelling of the birds to Alanya, Turkey. While I did my daily walk along the nice beaches of Alanya searching for objects for my camara, I saw bird cages which had been set up close to the main street. Bird cages set up close to the busy traffic where pollution from cars and motor cycles are a problem? My first reaction was the cages were set up as camouflage for secret  camars to control the busy traffic. No. The bird cages were set to make life better for the birds. A nice policy I think. Why not do the same in Oslo? A city for the birds too! Alanya is a seaside resort in the district of Antalya in the south of Turkey. Birds of passage from Europe are paying the site a visit every year like tourists of Europe. Good food, nice weather and even houses set up for the birds. What a policy! Welcome to Alanya Norwegian birds - and sun loving people who dislike icy streets and snow digging.




No comments: