Thursday, December 28, 2017

ARPA MAGICA EN MEXICO

I am not a good musician .Not at all.  But I did my best making a performance playing my type of music in Mexico. The main reason for my acting a musician was the musical instrument bought as souvenir during my visit in Mexico some years ago . But nobody told me to play it again – not even for old time sake-.

Teotihuacan is an ancient Mesoamerican city located in the State of Mexico northeast of Mexico City. The pyramid of Sun and the pyramid of the Moon are famous sites visited by many tourists every year. I have paid Teotihuacan a visit more than once during my visits to Mexico. I found it nice to climb both pyramids. Close to the famous Mexican pyramids, I made an attempt to act like a musician. I had to buy a Mexican toy for my grandson. The toy I bought was a handmade zither. One of the Mexicans who were selling different goods to tourists at the pyramids persuaded me to buy the instrument. Attached to the instrument I found written instructions how to play. To my surprise I found   detailed instructions how to play the famous song: The Internationale (L’Internationale). The site was an open field between the pyramid of the Sun and the pyramid of the Moon. None of my friends asked me to pay it again for old time sake- no. The music instrument was called ARPA MAGICA (Hecho por productos de calidad INMA).The titles of the songs attached were: Las Mananitas, A Dios Muchachos, Alma Llanera, Amapola, Cielito Lindo, Hace un Ano, La Cucaracha, La Feria de Las Flores, Mexico Lindo, Yo vendo unos ojos Negros, Ala vibora de la Mar, Campanas de Navidad, Cumpleanos Feliz, Dominique, El Chorito, Lindo Pescadito, Los 3 Cochinitos, Marcha Nupcial, Naranja Dulce, Obladi Oblada, Ansiedad, Candilejas, Extranos en la Norche, Jinetes en el Cielo, La Paloma, Mis Norches sin ti, Nunca en domingo, Solamente una vez, Deseo Amor, - and finally, the famous “ The Internationale: …Stand up , damned of the Earth….”.

The zither was returned to me this year due to the fact that the owner was not a kid anymore. No fun to play the Arpa Magica. But I keep the zither for old time sake.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Acabo de comprar una igual