Monday, August 7, 2017

FRANCE: CAGNES-SUR-MER-FRENCH RIVIERA
Outdoor sculptures

Sculptures are set up along the beach of Cagnes-sur- mer in 2015. Even if it was terrible hot walking along the nice beach of Cagnes-sur-mer in July , you had  to make a pause viewing the sculptures made by the famous Swedish sculptor Gudmar Olovson ( 1936- 2017). “… you like to look at the ladies…” a quick remark from an old French lady passing me while I was taken photos of the sculptures.” Yes, I do, but I like them alive not in stones “ , my reply to the old lady approaching me while I had a good time viewing the sculptures.
Some facts about Gudmar Olovson: He grew up in Stockholm where he received his training at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts. In 1960 he went to France where he worked as a sculptor. He has taken part in many exhibitions in Paris, Stockholm and New York. Gudmar Olovson has received a number of medals and international awards for his art. Reliefs of Pope john Paul II, Prince Charles and Princess Diana, a burst of Charles de Gaulle, Georges Pompidou, Ingrid Berman, Jacob Wallenberg, Peter Wallenberg and Philippe de Rothschild are persons who have been portrayed by Gudmar Olovson . He is also represented in private collections worldwide.






 

No comments: