Tuesday, December 31, 2013

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE A MUSEUM- AFTER ALL THESE YEARS

If you are interesting in paying a small museum a visit located outside the cities, I recommend you to make a tour to NER-HOLE MUSEUM situated in Romsdalen not far away from Åndalsnes and Trollveggen. The country is Norway. The farmhouse which  has been made a rural district museum, is made of stones whitewashed. The house was built in 1790.
 During 1860 or 1870 the house was used as a school. The class room is still there ready to be used again. I did it making an attempt to teach my friends from Rauma community. The result was not good. Old teaching equipments were stored in the room. I found an old apparatus to forward the Morse signals to another apparatus. I even had one myself when  I was a kid. The Morse code is fastened on the equipment in case you forgot the Morse language. In 1940 Norwegian soldiers made an attempt to fight the German soldiers close to Åndalsnes- but invain.
During WWII the farmhouse was used as a prison for Russian soldiers

 In year 1923 it was decided to
keep the house as a cultural site which means that you cannot change the framhouse. Next stop:
Norway, Åndalsnes and the rural District museum situated in Romsdalen. Have a nice time

No comments: