Friday, October 16, 2009

BOOK HUNTING IN NEDERHULT


Some like it hot-extremely hot - searching for a distant goal: Old books only - and some forgotten and officially lost movies - but not forgotten by some dedicated book hunters. The legendary British hunter Denys Finch Hatton made Kenya famous due to his hunting activities and his love to the Danish farmer Karen Blixen. Animals were
the object for his hunting but he later turned to photo journeys. I leave him in peace but he is a good example for all other hunters what ever they want to hunt. I
have chosen books and films for my hunting. My latest place for the hunt was a nice site called NEDERHULT. For the time being I leave it to you to find the place. The hunting leader was the book hunter Lasse Nilsson. He is addicted to books too.
We went on searching for books in old farms, castles and shops where you might buy anything used for generations who had lived in the district. To my surprise, I found a book written by an unknown French author, Jehanne d'Orliac, called in Swedish: "Lady Chatterleys andre man". I had no information about the writer. Why did I care about the book at all? Because of the preface of the book. The preface was written by the late and former French author and Minister of Culture of France, Andre Malraux. He makes an attempt to understand Lady Chatterley. She has a wish to understand herself and the book is about her talk with herself about herself.
Andre Malraux is of the opinion that many of the persons who D.H. Lawrence is describing ,are lonely. The emotional relations between the persons are too much based on erotic and sexual relations than mutual affection .I get a feeling that Andre Malraux has no faith in the persons described in the book? I might misunderstand him and I might be wrong in my understanding of D.H. Lawrence attitude to the human body and his strong sexual believe in the relation between man and woman? Anyway- the hunt was a good one. I had to learn about a new and interesting French writer , Jehanne d'Orliac. A review of the book will be published in a later
blog. Let us face some fact about the book: The original title was: " LE DEUXIEME
MARI DE LADY CHATTERLEY ". The book is published in Sweden in 1944 during the Second World War. The name of the translator is Olof Rabenius. About 238 pages. The copyright owner is: BOKFØRLAGS AB SUECIA. In 1944 you had to pay kr.14.50 for a copy.
The story is about the new life of Lady Chatterley. It is the story about what happened to her after having left her husband to live with the former forest guard.
I will let you know later on my opinion about the book and the story and the writer
who is a very interesting French lady. Hunting is thrilling! Join me. If you want to hunt in NEDERHULT ,just call Lasse Nilsson who is for the time being working in SVT
making an attempt to preserve the splendid Swedish television productions transmitted.
(If you are interesting in reading about hunting in Kenya, I will recommend the followings books: 1.Errol Trzebinski: Silence Will Speak. The story of Denys Finch Hatton 2. Lennart Hagerfors: Drømmen om Ngong. 3. Tonni Arnold: Bror Blixen.4. Beryl Markham: West with the Night.
For your information: Apart from hunting animals, all of the hunters mentioned in the books also appreciated reading - apart from Bror Blixen).

No comments: